- Sleep Centers
- Stark and Anti-Kickback
- Medicare, Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC), Medicaid, Medicaid Integrity Contractor (MIC), and Other Payor Audits
- Compliance and HIPAA
- Anesthesia and Pain
- Diagnostic Imaging Arrangements
- Hospice Providers
- Employment Contracts for Healthcare Professionals
- Staff Privilege and Licensing Matters
- Healthcare Litigation
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Michigan Physicians Beware of Self-Prescribing & Prescribing for Family Members Although there is no federal or state law barring physicians from providing health care services to themselves or their immediate family members
- Providers Likely To Face Higher Penalties For Fraud and Regulatory Violations On November 2, 2015 the President signed The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, requiring that civil monetary penalties must be raised to account for
- Per Alabama Court The Government Must Show More Than Difference of Opinion to Prove Falsity in False Claims Act (FCA) Action After a ten week trial, a federal court in Alabama has granted a hospice care provider, Aseracare Inc.'s motion for a new trial in a False Claims Act
- NPDB Revamps its FAQs Recently, the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) website revised both the content and appearance of its Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) pages in
- Investigations Mounting Against Widespread Pharmacy Fraud Claims to Military Health Program The Wall Street Journal has reported that Federal prosecutors are investigating widespread fraud, in at least four states, by compounding pharmacies
- Congress Considering Additional Legislation to Help Curb Medicare Prescription Drug Abuse It was just released that Congress is contemplating whether Medicare will be able to restrict at-risk drug abuse beneficiaries to a limited number of
Robert Iwrey, Esq. was recently honored by the American Health Lawyers Association by being admitted to the 2014 Class of the AHLA Pro Bono Champions primarily for his work on an anti-bullying brochure.
Adrienne Dresevic, Esq. was quoted and featured in Crain's Cleveland Business, in the announcement of The HLP's expansion into the Cleveland market.
Abby Pendleton, Esq., Adrienne Dresevic, Esq., Carey Kalmowitz, Esq., Robert Iwrey, Esq., and Jessica Gustafson, Esq. were named Attorneys of The Month by Attorney At Law Magazine and were featured on the front page and on page 16 in, "Healthy Growth: The Health Law Partners Has Rapidly Become One Of The Industry's Premier Health Care Law Firms", by Katherine Bishop, Attorney At Law Magazine, Metro Detroit Edition, Vol. 2, No. 6, October, 2013.
Abby Pendleton, Esq. and Jessica Gustafson, Esq. were quoted in, "Reaping the Rewards of Experience: The DOs and DON'Ts for Filing Claim Appeals", Medicare Compliance, Volume 22, Number 27, page 2 & 3, July 29, 2013.
Robert S. Iwrey, Esq. co-authored "State of Michigan Health Care License Investigations and The Collateral Effects of Licensing Sanctions", State Bar of Michigan, Health Care Law Section, January, 2013
“The HLP proudly acknowledges Robert S. Iwrey, Esq.’s recent inclusion in the 2010 and 2011 Inaugural Class of the AHLA Pro Bono Champions. Mr. Iwrey was 1 of 26 health care attorneys throughout the nation to be honored by the American Health Lawyers Association for his pro bono work. The honor was bestowed upon Mr. Iwrey primarily for his work on a domestic violence brochure that educated healthcare providers on their legal rights and obligations in Michigan.“
The Health Law Partners have opened a second New York office in Lake Success and is proud to introduce the addition of five attorneys—Joel Greenberg, Esq., Claudia Hinrichsen, Esq., Ron Lebow, Esq., Lori La Salle, Esq. and Gina Dolan, Esq. In New York, the HLP practices as The Greenberg, Dresevic, Iwrey, Kalmowitz, Lebow & Pendleton Law Group - A Division of The Health Law Partners, P.C..
Adrienne Dresevic, Esq. was appointed to serve as Chair of the ABA Health Law Section's Health eSource during the 2011-12 Bar Year. The ABA Health eSource is a monthly electronic newsletter with articles on the most recent updates in health law.
Robert S. Iwrey, Esq. was honored by d'Business Magazine as a Top Lawyer in Healthcare Law for 2012.
Abby Pendleton, Esq. has been named one of the 2011 Women in the Law by the Michigan Lawyers Weekly. Pendleton is one of twenty (20) women lawyers selected around the State of Michigan for this award.
Alan Gilchrist, Esq. has been selected to be included in the inaugural class of Fellows of the State Bar of Michigan's Health Care Law Section for his sustained, outstanding contributions to the Section over the years.
Adrienne Dresevic and Carey Kalmowitz author “Regulatory Review,” a monthly column in Link, the online journal published by AHRA / The Association for Medical Imaging Management. The January edition of Link marks the two-year anniversary of “Regulatory Review.”
Robert S. Iwrey, Esq. and Alan G. Gilchrist, Esq. have once again been named Michigan Super Lawyers in healthcare for 2011; an honor limited to no more than 5% of attorneys practicing in the State of Michigan as voted on by their peers.
Adrienne Dresevic, Esq.’s article, entitled “The Medicare Enrollment Process - CMS’s Most Potent Program Integrity Tool” was published in the American Bar Association’s The Health Lawyer in its April 2011 issue.
THE HLP SPEAKS
March 14, 2012 - Oakland County Medical Society
"Physician Contracting Workshop"
March 19, 2012 – RBMA Building Better Radiology Marketing Programs
“Stark Q&A with the Attorney”
March 20, 2012 – RBMA Building Better Radiology Marketing Programs
“Marketing Your Services – What You Need to Know to Stay Out of Trouble”
March 22 – ABA Webinar
“Anti-Kickback Law Basics”
April 4, 2012 – AHRA 2012 Spring Conference
“The Medicare Audit Landscape, What Radiologists Need to Know”
April 25, 2012 - HCCS Webinar
"How to Comply with Proposed CMS Overpayment Rules"
June 6, 2012 - National Business Institute Teleconference
"Medicare Audit Appeals: Representing Healthcare Providers"